On Friday, September 23, 2022, the newly formed Belgian Society for Viruses of Microbes (BSVoM) will hold their inaugural symposium in Leuven, Belgium. The main mission of our society is to join and boost the Belgian ‘VoM’ community, to stimulate research and to promote interaction between academia, government, and industry.
During this day, three sessions are organized:
- Virus-Host interactions
- Keynote to be confirmed
- Viral Ecology, evolution and diversity
- keynote : Prof. Martha Clokie (University of Leicester, UK)
- Present and Future applications
- keynote 1 : Prof. Zuzanna Drulis-Kawa (ISVM President-Elect; University of Wroclaw, Poland)
- keynote 2 : Prof. Dr. Willem-Jan Metsemakers (UZ Leuven, Belgium)
If you hold a weak spot for viruses of microbes, we kindly invite you to save the date. More information will be communicated in the coming months.
On behalf of the organizing committee,
Prof. Yves Briers President of the BSVoM