MEETING ORGANIZER GRANTS
BSM supports with a Meeting Organizer Grant, selected scientific meetings related to microbiology that are organized within Belgium. Scientific conferences, workshops and training courses are considered for such a support. The maximum amount of a Meeting Organizer Grant is € 500.
1. Grant Application deadlines
Complete applications should be submitted to email@example.com before the following deadlines :
- 1 December 2019 for meetings taking place after March 1 2020
- 1 June 2020 for meetings taking place after 1 September 2020
2. Grant regulations
- Grants distribution and management: The BSM meeting organizer grant can be used to support the attendance of Early Career Scientist, secretarial, travel and organizational costs (excluding catering).
- Meeting updates: A meeting update (final event date, venue, registration/abstract submission deadlines) should be submitted to BSM one month prior to the meeting
- Acknowledgements: the support received from BSM should be publicly acknowledged
- Signed claim form: in order to receive the granted amount a Claim Form should be completed and submitted to the treasurer of BSM. Scanned copies of travelling ticket(s) or the invoice related to them should be attached to the Claim Form. A bank account number to which the requested Meeting Organizer Grant support can be transferred by BSM vzw/asbl should be provided.
- A short meeting report comprising the title, date, venue and program of the meeting as well as the number of participants.